Friday, July 6, 2012

Beginning Again

At 10 AM on July 29th in Little Rock, AR Nehemiah Copeland Gallup made his glorious debut. As he exhaled his first breath in the form of a cry, all our worlds were to be forever changed. In the coming hours and days my calling to be a Daddy was renewed with a fresh vigor. Nehemiah joined his big sister, Mary Grace Rose, as Michala and my's children (an honored distinction for sure).

This blog is my feeble attempt to share our experience with you, to process this blessed vocation of parenthood with my friends and family. Even in this first week of being a family of four, I've come to realize the completely different life this is from being a family of three. Unlike Mary Grace's first days, I'm home for all this and it is beautiful. This is my daddy blog.

I hope in the coming days to share the humor of my soon-to-be three year old, the beauty of innocence, the weight of responsibility, the folly of my perceived maturity, and the joy of life. Until then, pictures!




His first bath with Sissy

Mary Grace at two weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment